(1) STELLAR Curriculum [Primary 1 to 6]
STELLAR stands for Strategies for Teaching English Language Learning and Reading. STELLAR is currently being implemented from Primary 1 to 6.
The aims of STELLAR are:
1. to strengthen both language and reading skills
2. to promote a positive attitude towards reading in the foundational years through the use of well-established, learner-centred and developmentally appropriate pedagogical approaches using authentic children's literature.
Visit http://www.stellarliteracy.sg/ for more information and Parent Resources on STELLAR.
(2) Literature from Primary 2 to 6
The aims of infusing Literature into the curriculum are:
1. to encourage our pupils to discover the joys of reading and writing through the use of interesting texts and stories
2. to acquire reading and writing skills, making them good writers
(3) Speak Good English Movement (SGEM) in Term 2 [tentative]
The aims of SGEM are:
1. to heighten pupils' awareness - the importance of speaking well, accurately and to be able to communicate effectively
2. to make the learning of the English Language fun, interesting and authentic for our pupils